International conference: Sustainable development and Global citizenship
- Tijd: uur - uur
- Locatie: Dommel
This conference for practitioners working with youth and adults, will share the results of an Erasmus Plus Strategic Partnership Project on ‘Education for Sustainable Development and Global Citizenship’. The project focuses on the global citizenship competencies that are needed to navigate an increasingly globalised, interdependent and interconnected world, and engage participants in wider discussions about ‘global competences’ for the 21st Century.
The event consists of a half day (13.00-16.30) conference and workshops at which the participants will be given free access to the outputs including global competence frameworks for adults, adult & youth practitioners and educators, and guidance for practitioners and educators wanting to introduce the global dimension in their work with learners.
At the event the participants will increase their knowledge on sustainable development and global citizenship during plenary sessions. Afterwards, there will be workshops where the participants actively participate in the activities like ‘icebreaking activity: climate change’, ‘board game on the global goals’, ‘recycle bottles for tickets’.
- 12.30 - 13.00: Welcome & Registration
- 13.00 - 13.30: Sustainability and Global Citizenship in Waalre. Presenter Jan Brenninkmeijer (Mayor of Waalre)
- 13.30 - 13.45: Introduction of SEMCO and ESDGC project. Presenter Durdane Bayram-Jacobs (Director SEMCO)
- 13.45 - 14.15: Global citizenship competencies & Overview of ESDGC Outputs and Results. Presenter Ben Charles (Executive Director of GLaSP - Global Learning Skills Partnership, UK)
- 14.15 - 14.30: Coffee Break
- 14.30 - 15.45: Workshops Ice breaking: climate change & Global citizenship competencies & Sustainable development goals board game
- 15.45 - 17.00: Drinks & Networking